Your doctor may help protect your health; your lawyer may help protect your wealth.
You have worked hard and realized your dream of starting your own business. Perhaps you couldn’t afford an attorney when you started your business. Was your business formed without the aid of a Florida attorney? Proper business structuring is vital to make sure that your business and personal assets are protected.
There are many legal requirements that you may not have been aware of when you started your business, even if you incorporated with assistance online. There are also legal filing requirements and business governance protocols that must be performed on an annual basis. Are you willing to have your personal assets available to potential creditors? Can you afford possible fines and/or penalties for non-compliance with state and federal law? Did you know that your business entity can potentially be disregarded and all your personal assets available to judgment creditors? The Business Wellness Exam can review your business and try to help prevent this from happening.
What your Wellness Exam will include:
- Initial consultation with the Attorney.
- Attorney review of business organizational documents to include: business binder, bylaws, organizational minutes, business partner or shareholder agreement, stock certificates and stock ledger.
- Attorney review status of business compliance with Florida Division of Corporations annual reporting and registered agent status.
- Attorney review of board and shareholder meetings minutes and procedures.
- Report from Attorney advising status of business legal compliance and requirements for business to be legal and up to date, if any. Additional recommendations for business health may be provided as determined by the Attorney.
Shupe Dhawan can assist you with all of your business needs. Give us a call today to schedule your business wellness review to make sure you are adequately protected. We look forward to hearing from you.